Game Artist (Environment)
The artist has a strong understanding of environment asset creation . You should understand all hases of environment creation from block-out to lighting. You should work well with leads and other team members in a collaborative team oriented development process.
Creating artwork as per specifications
- Thoroughly studies art specifications, documents and any other art creation material including samples.
- Actively seeks clarity on documents and processes
- Accurately follows workflow pipelines and asset organization guidelines.
- Follows updates on documents and processes.
Creating artwork as per established quality
- Understands quality expectations of the project/task and adheres to established quality and technical standards
- Pro-actively seeks feedback from Lead Artist, Producer and Art Director
- Takes feedback in a constructive manner and strives to understand the rationale of the feedback
- Works towards resolving all feedback
- Creates assets with very few or no technical quality issues
Creating artwork as per established efficiency standards
- Understand efficiency expectations of the level
- Allocates adequate time to tasks to be completed
- Works towards task completion in a clear logical manner
- Provides timely progress updates
- Works smartly towards task completion
- Puts in additional effort if behind schedule
- Strives to develop proficiency in all aspects of art creation
- Be self motivated with an ability to critique one's own work and meet set deadlines.
- Have a positive attitude, be a team player and have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Bangalore and Dehradun
Skills and Qualifications:
- Have a portfolio demonstrating excellence in both 2D and 3D art.
- 3+ years of modeling and texturing environments using ZBrush.
- Expertise in 3ds Max, Photoshop, or other technologies utilized in the production of game art.
- Must possess broad experience in organic art to create high quality 3D environment assets.
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to sculpting and modelling.
- Self-driven, good communicator and a great team-player.
- Background or good educational qualification in traditional arts is a plus.
- Experience working on AAA quality games.
- Passion for making excellent art.
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
- Previous experience creating high quality environments for AAA games.
- Strong working knowledge of 3DS Max and Photoshop, as well as experience in using editors to lay out environments.
- Experience creating environments using modular systems.
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization.
- Experience applying and tweaking shaders.
- A keen eye for composition and building believable scenes.
- Excellent sense of form, mass and volume.
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication and time management skills.