Senior Game Artist (Environment)
- Work closely with art directors and lead the teams to deliver results on environment projects via guiding the team on visual quality, process and techniques.
- Actively looking for new techniques to implement into production pipeline, to make the pipeline more efficient.
- Working as a senior you will benchmark and raise the bar for environment art.
- Lead by example; motivate and support the team of 3D artists.
- Facilitates requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the environment/level art creation process as requested.
- Work creatively both independently as well as with art direction.
- Creating and/or supervising the creation of proxy mesh/gray box art assets to internal team.
- Set Dressing: This includes placement of objects for both aesthetic and gameplay purposes; ideally should have an understanding of environmental storytelling.
- Evaluate effort estimations to ensure man days are in-line with current project schedules and with Global standards.
- Create and/or modify existing assets as necessary, may be required to create both hard surface and organic assets from scratch.
- Quality control art assets prior to delivery to client.
- Work with clients/supervisors to revise and respond based on feedback for both aesthetic and functional purposes
- Train, mentor and manage more junior level environment artists .Will assist artists’ growth through professional development and mentoring on projects.
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivation, able to accept constructive criticism and art direction .
- Engages, motivates and develops proficiency in the team.
- Will demonstrate reliability, professionalism and dedication.
- Participate in the planning of project environments.
- Pro-actively seek feedback from Lead Artist, and Art Directors.
- Capable of resolving an assortment of moderately complex artistic development issues for both artists as well as other team members.
- Actively develops skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- Possess strong time management and prioritization skills. This entails collaborating with the Production group to develop task lists to ensure assignments are progressing as expected according to schedules, milestones and overall project goals.
- Clearly communicate updates and properly escalate concerns to the appropriate team member(s) and manager(s).
- Should be able to provide quotes, assess pipelines and production needs.
- Should be able to take up and deliver pilots and tests efficiently.
Bangalore and Dehradun
Skills and Qualifications:
- An in-depth and impressive art portfolio showcasing environments and organic props.
- An overall experience of 6+ years in the gaming industry.
- Atleast an year of experience in the role of an Environment Lead/Senior Environment Artist (AAA or AA games industry experience preferred).
- An advanced understanding of Maya, Max, Zbrush.
- Experience with Quixel Suite, Substance Designer and painter.
- Experience with photogrammetric asset creation workflows.
- Solid understanding of art fundamentals such as light, shadow, form, color, and composition.
- Graduation in art-related field is a PLUS.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of asset management best practices.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of cutting edge techniques.
- Excellent compositional skills and all-around artistic expertise and flare.
- An advanced understanding of in-game art asset creation including hardsurface props, soft rigid assets such as clothing items, vehicle, weapons, etc…
- Experience with set dressing within a game engine (Unreal, Crytek, Unity etc..)
- Give and receive constructive and creative feedback across all art disciplines.
- Must have process improvement skills .
- Must be a creative self-starter, who is self-managed, highly motivated, and detail oriented
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work under tight deadlines on multiple projects.
- Must have ability to direct and multi task effectively, while balancing the impact of deadlines and resources with changes to product and quality requirements
- Must have ability to solve complex creative problems efficiently and quickly.
- Portfolio should demonstrate:
- Exceptional modeling skills. Great assets examples using custom normal workflow or high to low poly baking
- Strong understanding of a PBR work-flow
- Examples of beautifully finished environments
- Ability to create game ready assets, that work well within the given technical limitations
- Very strong texturing skills and excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Keen eye on detail and realism
- A strong sense for composition, color and light
- At least average drawing/painting skills