Game Artist (Props)
The Game Artist will work closely with the Art Leads and will have an important role in demonstrating and maintaining the visual and technical aspects of next gen game assets from initial stage to completion of the texture ready in-game model.
- Artistic demonstration and proficiency in modeling and texturing high quality in-game props
- A keen understanding and appreciation of structure and construction/silhouette in respect of modelling – resolution of assets relative to world scale and exceptional mesh topology skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and deliver quality work in an efficient manner
Bangalore and Dehradun
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of professional experience in working on next-gen games for the console
- Good in creating high-poly and low-poly in-game model.
- Sculpting abilities in creating surface details is a plus.
- A detail obsessed eye for creating and manipulating texture maps for shader passes - diffuse, normal, spec, weathering etc. and excellent understanding of the value of maximizing UV space.
- Candidate must have strong knowledge of Modeling and Texturing to create assets with quality of AAA titles.
- Good understanding of Max (or Maya) for modeling and Photoshop for texturing.
- An in-depth and impressive art portfolio showcasing a varied range of 3D prop art.
- Knowledge of generating normal maps from high-poly models.
- Solid understanding of experience in preparing and optimizing art for game.
- Ability to multi-task, and deliver quality work in an efficient manner.
- Excellent artistic skills with the ability to create 3D game art from detailed concept art, or photo references / materials.