Lead Character Artist
Role – Summary
As a Lead Character Artist you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of character artists to produce consistent high-quality Game Characters with predictable output on a variety of projects.
- Lead and mentor the character art team with day to day work.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Producer to ensure consistency throughout from initial stage to final textured model.
- Establish and maintain the production pipelines
- Responsible for quality, both technical aspects and aesthetics.
- Review work and provide feedback outlining specific task requirements to the character art team.
- Work on Benchmarks, Pilots and Tests.
- Skills building
- Accurately estimates tasks and help planning the work for the team.
You should have 4-6 years of professional experience in video games with atleast 2 shipped AAA games as a Senior or Lead Character Artist. You must have a portfolio that demonstrates a strong artistic background, deep understanding of normal map creation. You should have strong communication and mentoring skills.
- Core skills in Character art; Anatomy, Hair, Cloth and Texturing, in a variety of styles from hyper realism to hand painted stylization.
- Advanced understanding of PBR Workflow, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer, Max (or Maya), Z-brush.
- Solid understanding of Realtime Game Art, with understanding of the wider character art pipeline, from Concept Art to Animation and Engine Integration.
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Excellent artistic skills with the ability to work with detailed concept art, or reference art/materials.