The Art Director is responsible for establishing and driving the visual art direction for the team, managing a staff of internal and external artists and overseeing the art creation pipeline.
- Work closely with clients and establish visual language for internal teams.
- Direct internal teams towards the visual goals.
- Manage client expectations related to art over the lifecycle of the project.
- Provide leadership and act as an advisor to help resolve complex design and technical challenges
- Manage external teams and deliverables to supplement internal art resources
- Set up and oversee are creation pipelines (both large and small)
- Work independently on major design initiatives
- Oversee recruitment process in setting up a balanced team with a right mix of art skills
- Interaction with client and internal stakeholders on regular basis, and escalate risks/issues in a timely manner
Skills and Qualifications:
- An overall experience of 7+ years in the gaming industry
- An in-depth and impressive concept art & Design portfolio showcasing a broad range of skills. (Illustration, character design, animation, graphic design etc.)
- Experience in working on different styles (Stylized to hyper realistic 2D art)
- Proficiency with mobile and social platform, good exposure of integrating art with Unity and other mobile/social game engines.
- Knowledge of game animation and Vfx (preferred).
- Atleast 1 year of experience in the role of an Art Director (AAA or AA games industry experience preferred)
- Strong fundamental art skills. Graduation in art-related field is a MUST
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D Studio Max (or equivalents)
- Knowledge of asset management best practices